WHEN SAFETY SOLUTIONS & SUPPLY, INC., was launched as a Central Florida-based company in August 2009, the guiding mission was to be the complete technical solutions provider for any organization requiring safety services. Today, in August 2018, as we celebrate our ninth anniversary, we’re pleased to report that the mission hasn’t changed, though the means to accomplish it have greatly improved and expanded.
From our state-of-the-art office, training, resource, and supply center off State Road 60 in Mulberry, we provide the most comprehensive safety services nationally, and we do that with a multifaceted approach. Backed by a team of well-trained and experienced professionals and fully certified instructors, Safety Solutions & Supply provides technical resources and relevant data to help employers and employees in a wide range of organizations meet worker-protection and worker-safety requirements. Our work is divided into three areas, each of which supports the others:
• Services — Developing and supporting safety-management systems for businesses and other organizations of all types and sizes.
• Training — Providing accredited instructional programs that many of the occupational safety and health regulatory agencies are seeking from companies.
• Products and supplies — Assisting our clients with the selection of and support for a wide range of protective equipment — from the basics like reflective vests and traffic barricades to high-tech portable gas-detection devices and superbly designed and crafted equipment to protect workers from falls and confined spaces.
There are other players in the service and support arena for occupational safety and health, but none can match the breadth and depth of services and expertise offered by Safety Solutions & Supply.
Why do we do what we do? It’s simple, really. Maintaining an exceptional safety record is an absolute expectation in today’s workforce. Here in Central Florida, from Tampa Bay to the Space Coast, companies realize that having a strong safety record is not just an asset to their organization. Strong safety performance is the cornerstone of cultivating higher productivity, profitability, and overall success. With customized services and support, the team at Safety Solutions & Supply helps organizations meet their safety-related goals and mandates.
It’s interesting to look back on the history of our company and take stock of its growth and achievements — many of them recognized with national awards. A lot of good things have happened to us and, we trust, the thousands of clients we’ve served in our first nine years in business. With much appreciation for and many thanks to our valued clients, a lot of good things have happened in the last year alone! Key highlights include:
• We added 210 clients to our free Training and Education Activity Manager (TEAM) virtual learning record-keeping system to enhance their training management.
• We’ve conducted 1,728 training events year to date already this year after conducting 1,736 events in 2017.
• We initiated American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) CPR / First Aid and AED training in both English and Spanish.
• We saw a 300-plus percent increase in our computer training lab activity.
• We launched a variety of Alliance Safety Council programs, including the PowerSafe programs.
• We obtained NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) approval as a certified provider of rigging instruction.
• We invested more than $40,000 in additional props to enhance learning activities at our training center.
• We increased our private library of safety talks and promotions by 35 percent.
• We expanded our embedded safety management program to an additional 15 clients.
• We expanded our footprint throughout the Southeast with project work in Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, and additional locations in Florida.
• We expanded services in fall-protection assessment and anchorage testing.
• We launched a new relationship with AIR Products for breathing systems sales and service.
• We launched a new relationship with with Pro-Lighting portable lighting products.
• We expanded our rental equipment programs for gas detection, confined space equipment, respiratory protection equipment, and general fall protection.
The original mission of Safety Solutions & Supply continues to motivate all of us on the team. If the trend of progress continues at the current pace, there’s a good chance we’ll have another long list of achievements to share with you around this time next year.
Contact us today to learn more about our safety services, training programs, consultation services, and safety equipment sales, rental, and service. Our toll-free phone number is 1-866-537-2262. Our home on the Web is solutionsinsafety.com.